Conditions of Access
PLEASE CONSIDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY LIMIT THE STANDARD BANK OF SOUTH AFRICA LIMITED’S LIABILITY AND CONSTITUTE AN ASSUMPTION OF RISK BY YOU
Access to and use of the Standard Bank Research Portal (the “Portal” ) by you is granted by Standard Bank on the conditions set out below, which are in addition to any terms of business or other contractual agreements concluded with you from time to time. In the event of any conflict then, in relation to your use of this Portal, the conditions set out below shall prevail. You may access this Portal and its content in several ways, including but not limited to the Internet, a personalised link from a communication we have sent you, or through an applet or application. References to this Portal are to the Portal and any content thereon, irrespective of how you access it.
By accessing the Portal, you are deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to these Conditions of Use, please refrain from using the Portal.
1. Access to some or all parts of the Portal may be restricted to persons to whom login credentials have been issued (“Restricted Content”). Your login credentials are personal to you and you must not divulge your login credentials (or information equivalent to your login credentials, such as a personalised link in a communication we have sent you) to any other person. If you are a client of Standard Bank and wish to obtain access to Restricted Content then please direct your request to your usual Standard Bank point of contact. If you are not a client of Standard Bank but wish to establish a client relationship please contact us and provide your details using the “Contact” link.
2. Standard Bank may withdraw your access to all or any part of the Portal and/or any Restricted Content thereon, including by disabling your login credentials, at any time without notice or liability. If you have not been issued with valid login credentials, you must not attempt to access any Restricted Content.
3. The Portal is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person's nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Portal is prohibited. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Portal. Any US person accessing this Portal and wishing to effect a transaction over any security or financial instrument detailed must do so through a US registered broker dealer (Standard New York Advisory (USA) Inc.) is a US registered broker dealer.
4. Access to this Portal is restricted to persons who are Eligible Counterparties or Professional Clients for the purposes of the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority ( “FCA” ), South African Companies Act 2008 and who have professional experience in matters relating to investments. Those persons who do not have professional experience in matters relating to investments should not access the Portal. By accessing the Portal, you represent and warrant that you are an Eligible Counterparty or Professional Client.
5. Access to certain parts of the Portal may be subject to additional disclaimers or specific terms (“Additional Terms”) which will be displayed on the relevant part of the Portal. By accessing the relevant parts of the Portal, you are deemed to have accepted such
The following terms and conditions shall govern the accessing of the free research articles ( “Articles” ) found on the front page of the Standard Bank Research Portal (www.standardbank.com/research) to which all readers ( “you” ) agree to be bound:
1. All information, research, views and opinions (collectively “Information” ) contained in the Articles is merely for information purposes and should not be relied upon, in particular as advice, by you.
2. The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited ( “Standard Bank” ) provides no representations, warranties, undertakings or guarantees (express or implied) as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness of the Information and accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss incurred as a result of use of and/or reliance upon the Information. You must seek professional advice from Standard Bank prior to taking any action based on the Articles.
3. Standard Bank does not represent that the Information contained herein is appropriate or applicable within all economic and/or financial jurisdictions worldwide.
4. Copyright exists in the Articles and any unauthorised copying, reproduction, distribution, dissemination, sale, publication or any other use of the Articles is strictly prohibited and shall constitute an infringement of the relevant intellectual property laws.
5. Standard Bank reserves the right, at any time, to remove, replace or change the contents of an Article (or a portion thereof) without prior notice to you.
6. These Articles do not constitute an offer or solicitation of an offer for business.